On April 2, 2020 the President of Russia signed Executive Order No. 239 “On measures to ensure sanitary and epidemiological safety of the population in Russia due to new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak” (“Executive Order”).
According to the Executive Order, in order to ensure sanitary and epidemiological safety of the population in the Russian Federation the non-working days shall be extended for the period from April 4 to April 30, 2020 with full pay to the employees.
The Executive Order is not applicable to the following organizations:
- constantly operating enterprises;
- healthcare (medical) facilities and pharmacy organizations;
- organizations suppling food and essential goods;
- organizations that perform urgent work in emergency situation, and (or) in a case of a threat of disease outbreak constituting a danger to the public, and in other cases that endanger the life or normal living conditions of the population;
- organizations performing urgent repair and handling works;
- organizations rendering financial services in part related to urgent functions (services related to payments);
- other organizations, as defined by the regional supreme executive bodies considering the spread of COVID-19 in the region.
Federal and regional government bodies and local authorities, as well as state non-budgetary funds and organizations engaged in mass media production and distribution must determine the number of employees they need to ensure the functioning of these authorities/organizations until the end of April.
The President has also directed regional supreme executive bodies to develop and implement restrictions and other measures based on the sanitary and epidemiological situation and the state of the spread of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in the regions.
We recommend to our clients, partners and contacts to follow changes in legislations of relevant regions of Russia in order to adjust and improve their operation.
Please note that LEGAL PRO team continues working as usual. We will be happy to provide necessary legal support.