On March 25, 2020 the President of Russia signed Executive Order On Declaring Non-Work Days in the Russian Federation (“Executive Order”).
According to the Executive Order the week from March 30 to April 3 has been declared non-work week with full pay to the employees.
The Executive Order has been issued to ensure sanitary and epidemiological safety of the population in the Russian Federation.
The Executive Order does not cover the employees of the following organizations:
- constantly operating enterprises;
- healthcare (medical) facilities and pharmacy organizations;
- organizations suppling to people food and essential goods;
- organizations that perform urgent work in emergency situations, in other cases that endanger the life or normal living conditions of the population;
- organizations performing urgent repair and handling works.
Federal and regional government bodies and local authorities, as well as organizations engaged in mass media production and distribution must determine the number of employees they need to ensure the functioning of these authorities/organizations for the next week.
We recommend to our clients, partners and contacts to identify whether your organization covered by the list of the exceptions stated above and, if needed, to arrange relevant changes in business operations
In case you need any consultation or other legal assistance related to the above, please feel free to contact LEGAL PRO team. We are always happy to assist you and provide necessary legal support.